Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Spring Flight at Blanchard Hill

..
Typically, Blanchard Hill is not predictable from my vantage point at Paine Field.. But after watching the BellCold weather site all morning, I told my boss that I had to go or I was going to be sick.. I left work at 10:30 and ran home to grab my glider.. When I got to the top of the hill the bay was dark with wind.. The direction appeared to have a bit of south in it; but I could see a number of indicators that it was going to clock around to the west soon.. A couple of other guys showed up and it was on..
..

..
Within fifteen minutes after launching off of the cliff, I was gliding over to Chuckanut.. A bunch of locals showed up and followed me around for a while.. I'm sure that they got bored with my slow lumbering technique; they each took turns making fun of me just before they balled-up and fell out of the sky.. The next couple of hours felt like laying in a freezer superman style; I froze my ass off..
.. ..
The mood of the sky changed as the day went on.. I was in the air for almost four hours and those subtle changes made a long day pleasantly tolerable..
..

..

..

Big 360 - Short Video Clip..

..

No comments: