Friday, April 11, 2008

Blanchard Hill After Work 4.10.08

Another day at Paine Field watching the sky churn.. I made a call and convinced another pilot that I wasn't really out of my mind..
..
I blazed up I5 and rolled up to launch at just after three.. The tide was way out and what little of the sound was left was as smooth as glass; usually not a good sign.. Making matters worse, the mid level altocumulus development from the air off of the islands set up just right to block the sun.. I waited for a couple of hours and finally gave up hope..
..
I had my glider almost back in the bag when the glass-off started; A couple of guys took off and easily floated up a few hundred over.. Twenty minutes later my glider was back together and we launched into smooth air..
..
Flew for a little more than an hour and got really cold..
..




No comments: