Thursday, September 04, 2008

Which Country First..?

I watched the RNC last night.. Like millions of other Americans, I was interested in the McAged pick for his VP ruining mate.. Oh, sorry.. I meant running mate..
..
The typical republican disrespect began with the robotic-arm king of New York.. I couldn't get past the little man's robot arm pumping up and down like it was disconnected from him.. But the first indication of the fear mongering was the twin tower-less NY skyline jammed down my throat, blazing in the background.. What a load of disrespectful BS..
..
I couldn't help but wonder if I was the only one who felt bad for the families of everyone affected by that day in 2001.. I felt embarrassed for our political system that enables the fear mongers to use grief and tragedy for political gain..
..
Then it was Palin's turn.. In the beginning I was entertained.. But her condescending disrespect really started annoying me.. By the end of her onslaught I had completely written her off as another idiot evangelical republican who can't understand that there are other views and opinions in the world.. I did learn one thing significant however.. She admittedly bought her popularity in her home state with oil revenue; If she'd send me some of that cash I might give her a popular rating too..
..
There are tons of allegations and stories being levied against McAged's ruining mate (damn.. did it again..) I meant running mate.. I'll let you figure out which angle you choose to look at on those, as yet, unconfirmed reports..
..
There is however one issue that cannot be ignored.. The fact that Palin is part of an Alaska group that promotes that state's secession from the union.. I don't really feel that I'm informed enough to have an opinion on that group's ideas and goals.. But I do feel strongly that any connection with any group that advocates a break up of the Unites States should disqualify Palin from any national political office..
..

..
She thinks that Alaska should be it's own country..? Maybe that's not such a bad idea.. If Alaska was it's own country, then McAged could illegally invade and occupy it and steal their oil too.. Just think of the convoluted spin he could use on that one.. He could make a bunch of civil war references and there is no doubt he'd seal his place in history.. The finest President since Abe Lincoln..
..
I can't wait..
..

No comments: